Dr Karl Shuker's Official Website - http://www.karlshuker.com/index.htm

IMPORTANT:
To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Shuker In MovieLand blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!

IMPORTANT:

To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my ShukerNature blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!

IMPORTANT:
To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Shuker's Literary Likings blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!

IMPORTANT:
To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Starsteeds blog's poetry and other lyrical writings (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!

IMPORTANT:
To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Eclectarium blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!


Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2020

POST #100 - MY TOP TEN REVIEWS ON SHUKER IN MOVIELAND

 

Doesn't time fly by when you're having fun? It seems like only yesterday when, in order to stave off the mind-numbing tedium of 2020's restrictive but vital Covid-19 virus lockdowns by pursuing a longstanding home-based interest of mine – watching movies – but which previously I had never done much with from a writing perspective, I launched a new, movie-based blog during late July 2020.

Entitled Shuker In Movieland (click here to access its home page), it enables me to review a diverse range of movies that I've watched recently or in earlier times, as well as a few TV shows of particular interest to me. I also have the opportunity to publicise all manner of lesser-known or forgotten films that I've enjoyed but which may be new to my blog's readers.

I'm delighted to say that Shuker In MovieLand has proved very popular, attracting considerable numbers of visitors and hits each day. As a result, operating in tandem with it, I have created what is now a thriving Facebook group too, FFT&F (Favourite Films, TV, and Fiction), which sees new posts by myself and its many members each day.

Now, scarcely four months later from its launch, I am today marking via this present listing my 100th Shuker In MovieLand post. And what could be more appropriate for such a momentous occasion than revealing the ten reviews posted by me so far that have attracted the greatest number of hits to date? So here they are, in clickable form so that you can access them directly from this page, together with their respective publication dates on my blog:

#1: The Dark (aka The Relic aka The God Rat) (27 July 2020)

#2: Wolfen (18 August 2020)

#3: Border (29 August 2020)

#4: Sssssss (aka Ssssnake) (5 September 2020)

#5: King Cinder (16 August 2020)

#6: Dragons in the Movies (13 October 2020)

#7: The Asphyx (30 July 2020)

#8: Terror Birds (26 September 2020)

#9: The Lair of the White Worm (Versus The Legend of the Lambton Worm) (2 August 2020)

#10: Thale (4 September 2020)

Scrutinising this list, one trend is instantly evident – my blog's readers definitely favour monster movies and creature features! Indeed, the only entry that isn't from this genre is King Cinder, a nowadays-obscure British TV show from the late 1970s focusing upon the adventures of a teenage speedway motorbike rider. I have no idea why this particular show has proved so remarkably popular among my readers, but I'm very glad that it has done, because it was and remains a favourite TV show of mine, bringing back happy memories of my own youth and biker beginnings.

So there you have it, the first Top Ten reviews listing for Shuker In MovieLand! Will its entries retain their places and positions when I prepare a second listing in another 100 posts' time? Or will some or all of them have been displaced by others? Who can say? The only way to find out is to keep on checking in to my blog, reading its reviews, and awaiting the next list, which I very much hope that you will do.

My sincere thanks to all of Shuker In MovieLand's fans and devotees for giving me the encouragement and support to continue with it. Equally, I hope that you will continue to click on my reviews' links and enjoy reading my thoughts and information supplied concerning an equally varied range of movies and TV shows in the future.

Stay safe, and carry on clicking!

And to view a complete listing of all of my Shuker In MovieLand blog's other film reviews and articles (each one instantly accessible via a direct clickable link), please click HERE!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment